Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Friday, June 14, 2013

My first completed journal! ♥

Well the school year is winding down...cum folders, report cards, transfer slips, cleaning and sanitizing materials, dusting furniture, etc.

I have to say that I really enjoyed my class this year; one of the best I have had in my eight years of teaching. BUT...
I am SO READY for Summer vacation!!

I managed to find some time to make my first handmade journal. It's simple, but I am so very happy that I completed it despite being very busy!!





I used Graphic 45 paper from the French Country collection. I REALLY LIKE the paper from Graphic 45. It is amazing!! I love the colors and I especially love the vintage inspiration!
I used a 5 x 7 1/2 chipboard cover for the front and back. The front cover has G45 paper. I used some craft tags that I had and inked them with Tim Holtz Distress inks in Tea Dye. I used a variety of rubber and acrylic stamps (Recollections, Hero Arts, Inkadinkadoo, and Close to My Heart). The inner pages are cream colored card stock from Michael's.
I used my Zutter Bind-it-All to punch the holes and close the wire. Next time I'll use about 5 sheets less as the book closes but the spine is very tightly held together.
I am so happy to be have completed this journal.  I can't wait to fill this journal with my thoughts and musings on a regular basis. :)


♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥