Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New to Paper Crafts!

I'm a teacher and it's only natural that we are crafty (as least that's what I was told once). I crochet, knit, paint, and sing a little. I love to create new items with my hands as it feels as though I have made a true contribution to the world (other than educating my students, lol).

This week, I was introduced to a new craft: paper crafting. That can include making cards, scrapbooking, etc. I have been debating about buying a Cricut Expression for some time now (mostly because of the cost), but I decided to reward myself because I just graduated from Graduate school with a 3.97 GPA.


The expression came in the mail a couple days ago with 4 cartridges (Formal Occasions, Florals Embelished, Simply Charmed and Life's a Party). I have to tell you it was like Christmas day opening my box with all those extra goodies inside. I have been playing with and experimenting with shapes, sizes and layering since I've opened the box. I didn't know paper crafting could be so addictive, LOL!I've also purchased some additional cartridges at fantastic prices, some from www.ebay.com and some from www.cricutmachine.com. I've even completed a really easy baby mobile using the Simply Charmed cartridge.


 

I am really enjoying using my Cricut Expression! Next on my list to create are some birthday cards and a photo frame clock!

Stay tuned for more simple amd easy projects to complete for the classroom and home decor using the Cricut Expression! ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥