Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New toys and more crafting!

Since the last time, I have acquired some tools that I found absolutely necessary to have (although my husband would probably say otherwise, lol).

The first thing is the Scotch ATG. This is an adhesive gun that pretty much has a ton of adhesive tape. It's lightweight and very easy to use. I don't know why I didn't get this sooner! I will say that I had a little trouble loading it in the beginning. I searched youtube for a tutorial and found one demonstrating the proper way to load the adhesive tape (gotta love youtube!). I purchased the pink one because proceeds go to the Susan Komen foundation. So for anyone that wants to purchase one, purchase the pink one!

The next thing is the Crop o Dile Big Bite II. I had a 40% off coupon for Michael's so I used it for the Big Bite. This tool is amazing because it has a six inch reach to punch holes and set eyelets, brads, and gromlets. So far I like this a lot! I only played around with it for a little so I will discuss in detail at a later date if this was worth the purchase.

In the meantime, here are a couple items that I have worked on since my last post.



The first couple of pictures are cards that I made experimenting with color and texture. Of course the shapes were cut with the Cricut expression. I used the Walk in my Garden cartridge and another, but I don't remember which one. The last picture is something I made for a swap partner. This is going in a frame when it dries. The font is done with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I really like the way that it came out! I find that my projects are looking much nicer as I am experimenting more.

Now the last time I promised to demonstrate how to make a mini book using toilet paper rolls, but I deleted the pictures by accident. So I am going to have to make another and show you all at a later date.

Before I go, today was the first time in my life that I experienced an earthquake! New Jersey rarely has them. As a matter of fact, we didn't have one. It was in Virgina, but the shaking could be felt up and down the east coast. It was a weird feeling but thankfully it wasn't enough to do damage where I live. I just hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥