Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Altered clipboard ♥

Hi everyone!

Well, the summer is winding down. Beach weather is almost gone...I'm not ready to give up my flip flops and shorts yet, lol!

Any way, I've been preparing for the past few weeks to go back to school. In an effort to stay organized when I am collecting anecdotes about my students, I decided to try something different. In the past, I would use a notebook to collect anecdotes. However, more often than not, I would put the notebook down somewhere and forget where I would last place it. Also, I would put my pen down and not be able to locate it for a while.

I decided this year I would us a clipboard and have several areas in the room with a little hook designated for the clipboard. This way, I could hang it in more than one place and still keep a track of it. I also decided to alter the clipboard in some bright cheery colors so I could easily spot it in my classroom.

Here it is!!




I first painted the edges of the clipboard black. I used three sheets of card stock from Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) from the Grade School Stack. I only had the 8 x 8 pad available because I was unable to find the 12 x 12 stack. That is why I wound up painting the border black. After the paint dried, I sealed it with a layer of mod podge. I also painted the entire back of the clipboard black and put a layer of mod podge on top of that as well.

After the  mod podge dried, I cut two strips of the card stock from two of the three sheets. I cut them at 2 3/4 x 8. The apple pattern and the top and the diamond patter at the bottom are the strips I cut. The middle sheet with all the stripes is a full sheet. I layered the apple sheet and the diamond sheet on top and adhered everything with mod podge. Once the sheets dried, I put a thin layer of mod podge to seal everything.

I took four ribbon and cut them in half, then threaded the ribbon through the hole at the top. I hot glued some buttons on the top of the board. To keep my pens in place, I covered two binder clips with some of the leftover paper using my ATG gun for the adhesive.

I hope you like it! I am working on some other projects for use in my classroom. Stay tuned for more projects...coming soon!!! ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥