Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Monday, July 15, 2013

Adhesive Foil Art ♥

Hello all!

During my summer break, I always try to learn new things. Whether it is a new crafting technique, a new skill or gaining some new knowledge, I love learning! I guess that is one of the reasons why I became a teacher (in addition to a love of nurturing and imparting knowledge).

After having a discussion with some other crafters in a group in which I belong, I decided to attempt a new technique - using adhesive foil and adhesive mesh tape (the one used for dry wall). I ventured to Lowe's as I was informed that I where I would find the necessary items. Both the adhesive foil and the adhesive mesh tape can be found in the aisle with all the other tapes.




I laid down the adhesive mesh, gears, heart and love down on the page. I layered the foil on the top, crumpling the foil before laying it down. I then used the tip of a quill tool to dry emboss around the shapes. Next, I applied a thin layer of black acrylic paint, wiping it off and leaving just enough to stain the page. Finally I used Viva Decor Inka Gold in Yellow Gold around the page.

I am really happy the way this turned out! The only thing I would do differently is pulling some paper through the binder so the black ink doesn't stain the edge of the page. Otherwise, I really like it! And I hope that you like it too!

Stay tuned for more journal art --- coming soon!!! ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥