Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Altered Frame ♥

Hello everyone!!

I have many photos that I've taken and they are just stored in my computer (counterproductive I know, lol). Today I decided to print one of my many pictures and put it in a frame that I altered.

I purchased this frame from Michael's (it's one of the nicer wood frames. I used a coupon and got it for 40% off the original price). Here is what it looked like before I worked my magic, lol:







Now here is what it looks like after I worked on it. 




This picture was taken two years ago when I completed my Master's degree. I was definitely happy!!

I first painted the frame with acrylic paint from Golden. The paper is from Close to My Heart and the flower is from Prima. The banners on the top left were punched using my Big Shot and the Spellbinder's die Pretty Pennants. I used a scallop and circle punch for the "medallion" on the top left. The happy banner on the top right is from a clearance shelf at Michael's. I think the manufacturer is My Mind's Eye (although I'm not 100% sure). I used my Xyron 1" sticker maker to adhere the banners and medallion.

I really like the way this turned out. I'm going to have to print my pictures and put them in frames more often!

Stay tuned for more art work and projects: coming soon! ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥