Home ♥ ♥ Facebook

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Art Journal ♥

Hello all!

Since the summer is here and I have more "free time" on my hands, I decided that I wanted to create an art journal for myself. Since I have been really immersing myself in to mixed media art, I thought that it only makes since to create an art journal.

I created this 8 1/2 x 11 art journal using my Zutter bind it all. I purchased the chipboard covers on Amazon (I don't remember the name of the company). The o-wire is one inch wide. The paper inside is Recollections. 



I used Tim Holtz stamps, gelatos, acrylic paint,  Viva Decor Inka Gold, and Martha Stewart punch on the cover. The title "Art Journal" is one of the fonts I used from my collection. I printed the letters and "fussy cut" them.





This is the very first page that I have completed in my art journal. The title says "Life is a...Carnival". The background was done using Viva Decor Inka Gold and Tim Holtz stamps. The images and font came from a free digital collage. At the moment I do not have the link, but as soon as I remember where I found this page, I will post the link.  I love this page!!! Life can be a carnival, if we want it so.  I actually completed this page before I bound the book together so I was able to get the color around the entire page.

I hope you like what you see! I'll be posting the next page in my art journal soon! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I LOVE reading your comments! Happy Crafting! ♥